10 Reasons Why We Should Buy Pirated CD/DVD/VCD
1. Free black plastic bag You can't get those cool black coloured bags anywhere. The ones sold outside are too big and they are meant for the tong sampah.
2. Family bond Every weekend, when you go to Summit USJ, you can see little kids running to the VCD shop to select their favourite Pokemon cartoon VCD. And then mommy will come along to find her favourite Teresa Teng VCD. Next comes big sister to select her F4 VCD. And lastly, big bro and daddy searching for the latest movies ... and try to eye for some you- know-what VCD. Anyway, the whole idea is, the pirated VCD shop is like a place for weekend family reunion. When was the last time you saw daddy buying little Billy a VCD in Speedy Video ?
3. Cinema sucks When you reach the cinema, you'll have to line up for 15 minutes before it's your turn to get the ticket. By then, they tell you ticket sudah habis. So you buy tickets for the next show and have to wait another 3 hours. When the time comes, the ticket usher stops you from bringing nasi lemak and cha-kuay-teow into the hall.So you're forced to line up another 10 minutes in the snack bar. By then, you're already late for the show. Lampu sudah tutup when you go in. Oooppss.. terjatuh and everyone laughs at you. Next, the cinema bores you with 15 minutes of iklan. Frankly speaking, I dunno why the government ban 'triple x' VCDs when all the beer commercials in the cinema feature sluts dancing around. Later, your handphone rings and everyone boos you. At last, the show ends but you'll need to beratur through the smelly exit. After 30 mintues, you notice that your handphone is lost. The only thing good about cinemas is the fact that you can throw kua-chi on the floor.
4. Customer Friendly Sellers. Buying VCDs from the stall is like dining in a luxury restaurant. First, those blond hair sellers will greet you with 'leng-chai'. It's now time to order the meal. If you know what to order, they will search the title for you. But if you're undecided, these fellas will suggest some meals for you. Strangely, all movies (according to them) are nice to watch. When you've finished, here comes the main course. The rectangular box containing all the finest artistic international stuff. And you can bargain too! But when you buy VCDs from Speedy Video, the shop assistants will stand few meters away from you, with their arms tied and eyes alert, thinking that you're another shoplifter.
5. Beli barang buatan Malaysia The title says it all. No need to say more.
6. You go to the movies... while watching the most suspense part in a love movie... .as the guy and girl are about to kiss... all of a sudden, the screen goes into matrix mode. And then it changes to some dull scene. Doesn't this sound familiar? Say thank you to our censorship board for helping us remove the "naughty" parts. You never get this when you buy pirated CDs.
7. 6 years ago, piracy was a minority because of the original CD pricing and contents. 3 years ago, they increased original CD prices by 70% and say it's because of import duties, tax and other crap.While at the same time, the pirated CD prices drop by 50% - 70%. Customers would prefer to buy from a sale right?
8. Piracy helps students to learn new programs at a reduced price cost. If every student is going to spend RM800 just to buy Adobe Photoshop, then Malaysia would lag behind in the computer graphics industry. So in the long run, Malaysia's economic status becomes better with more knowledgeable citizens.
9. As people are willing to spend money on pirated CDs but not that willing to buy original cds, they are circulating the money and helping to increase the GDP.
10. Pirated VCDs offer the latest movies, even before they are shown in the U.S.! Compare this to original VCDs, where you have to wait for a few months after the movie is first released.
hahaha... this just a joke ok.. to legal officer and police out there don't take this seriously.. :P